Wednesday In The Word The Honor Of Homemaking

, , 0 Comments »
Wednesday In The Word The Honor Of Homemaking
I apologize for this being so late today! I knew I had one more writing assignment toward the "end" of September, but I didn't note the exact date. Today I have two medical appointments in addition to getting the house ready for Bible study tonight, which is held in our home each week. Then there was this pesky little thought in my head that maybe it was the 22nd that I was supposed to post? So after I finished some had-to-be-done things, I checked, and sure enough, it was my day. So I apologize for not planning ahead and checking on that sooner!

As a result of not planning ahead, I had to look through some things I've written in the past for publishing today. What I found was actually a devotional written by a friend of mine who manages an online forum for fundamental Baptist ladies, Women at the Well. I asked her permission to publish this several years ago on another blog I had at the time. I hope you'll be blessed by it as I was when she first wrote it!

Quote:


Jos 2:6 But she had brought them up to the roof of the house, and hid them with the stalks of flax, which she had laid in order upon the roof.

Anyone else notice that "LAID IN ORDER" there? Had she not been PREPARED she would have missed the BLESSING of being used by God in this situation most likely. (not limiting God here... I'm just saying He would have looked for someone ELSE that was prepared amen?) Just how many blessings do we MISS out on because we are not prepared, have not done our housekeeping?

LADIES THIS IS AN AREA WE HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER! Being the keeper of the home is not a sentence of servitude, but a time-honored opportunity for service and ministry to God and our family. You can rule your home with the mindset that this is an HONOR, or with a mindset of RESENTMENT. Either way you can get the 'job' done but oh how much better it is when you look at that washing, cleaning, preparing, etc as unto the Lord, unto your family.

The orderliness of Rahab's housekeeping in Joshua 2:6 is a testimony of a virtuous woman working willingly with her hands (Prov. 31:13). Whatever our hands find to do, we must do it with all our might (Eccl. 9:10). This is our reasonable service.

Years ago a woman was disgraced if her home was constantly messy! I remember that with my own mom don't you? She knew it was a reflection upon her character and she took PRIDE in her home. Now we find in Christian circles that women use the excuse of ministering, be it to the world, the church, etc... We all look at what the Prov. 31 woman IS TO DO but let's consider for a moment here what it does not list as things she does NOT do... She does not teach or host Bible studies, or have a ladies prayer meeting. She is not constantly door knocking, etc. I'm not saying any of this is against what God means for us in our Christian walk; HOWEVER, what God says should take precedence. Is what we DO found in Prov. 31?

Do you see yourself in any of this? Ladies, don't spend more time making excuses or justifying or making apologies than getting this thing right with GOD.

Pr 26:14 As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.

There is a growing need for strong churches, but it is not possible to have strong churches without strong homes. It is not possible to have strong homes without homemakers.Chris spared no words there, did she? Please understand that she is not discounting ministry-related work such as Bible studies and prayer meetings; she is simply stating that our first priority is our personal walk with God, our families, and our homes - then can come the opportunities for ministry.

Have a blessed church service tonight and a wonderful first weekend of autumn!

Susan Hutchens

ByGrace

Missionary Wife, North Vancouver, BC, Canada



Source: spellscasting.blogspot.com

Popular Posts