New Tarot Deck Tarot By Alexander Daniloff

, , 0 Comments »
New Tarot Deck Tarot By Alexander Daniloff
I have often said that the most successful Tarot decks come from artists that understand the complexities of the Tarot. The Tarot deck that artist Alexander Daniloff has created is one of the brilliant exceptions to the rule. I fell in love with this Tarot deck when I saw a peek on another blog - Samhain Moon and I visited Alexanders site straight away. It is a limited edition deck of 450 and I was lucky enough to get a deck.

I have not been so enamoured with a Tarot deck in a very, very long time. I instantly fell in love with this deck. The aesthetic is not usually something I would be drawn to but it is so beautiful and rich there was no way I couldn't love it.

Alexander confesses that he is not a Tarot aficionado but you would never know it considering the elements used in the deck.

The Major Arcana are all titled in Italian but it makes little difference if you don't know Italian. Roman numerals are universal after all. Along with the Minor Arcana the Major Arcana are bordered. Where as the Aces and the Court Cards are without borders.

I found it a little difficult at first to quickly differentiate the Court Cards as there is no writing on the cards at all. I figured it out mostly due to the fact that Alexander has kept a theme across each of the Court Cards.

The Pages all have flags and are presented as flag bearers (perfect really for their post in the deck), the Knights all have Armour and Shields, The Queens all have crowns and also the playing card suit illustrated in the card and the Kings all have castles in the backgrounds.

Most all of the figures in this Tarot deck are serious faced people there are not a lot of smiles to be found, I guess that is what it was like in Medieval times. With that in mind the deck is a rather serious deck but I think it just ads to the charm of the deck.

The back of the cards show a mirror image in black, white, red and cream which is intricate and stunning.

The card stock is nice and thick and the cards are longer than most playing cards (14cm x 7.3cm). It can make them a little hard to shuffle and with the card stock not being laminated the edges will fray faster than normal but that is going to happen if you use your Tarot cards for readings anyway.

The deck comes in a box with no booklet or instructions, a signed card with the edition numbering on there by the artist and extra cards depending on where you like your Strength and Justice cards in the Major Arcana order. (which is very thoughtful of the artist I think)

Alexander has a beautiful site with many more of his Tarot images and decks for sale here - http://www.daniloff-art.it/

If you are a collector of lover of Tarot I would snap one up before they are all out of print.

Popular Posts