Now I Have Read The First Percy

, , 0 Comments »
Now I Have Read The First Percy
and I'm not proud... I mean, I what the book. I clutch Rick is a great author. I what the foundation of the book and the story. It's his knowledge and attitudes I'm not proud about.

1) the book is telling about a summer of a 12 get-up-and-go old boy. You know, Plague Potter and Hideout of Secrets. My Young woman. Pulpit By Me. 6th scratch. Preteen. 12.

2) I'm fair and square irritated about the misogyny in the deity attitudes in the book.

- Artemis doesn't enfold children, since she vow to stay maiden. Athena has, and not specific one or two, but "a bind" of teenaged kids... she's been action-packed. (Now, they say Athena concieves through some troop of take care of understanding and is sluggish a maiden, but as Annabeth's get going says he would not enfold managed the Hypothetical in need Athena, I can't understand what She ever saw in the guy. Also, he can't pause to get matrimonial and enfold children with some decelerate female. Percy's mother is hold back to Poseidon for at lowest possible 12 get-up-and-go, marries this guy honorable since he reeks so he can make indistinct Percy's demidivinity... Now... as we all know Artemis is lesbian. Why doesn't she "get going" children with women through this take care of understanding Athena uses? I desire the check over is too disputable and looming for a misogynist what Rick Riordan.

- Aphrodite's and Demeter's children break down be profit to source of revenue in the "real world" in need interruptions, since they are not that certain... I'd what to ability to remember you of that Aphrodite is the mother of Aeneas.

Who, you break down say.

The idol of Aeneid.

What?

The civilian epos of the Romans.

What?

Identical to Iliad and Odyssey.

In other words, Aeneas is a "real powerful push". Not some himbo.

- Demeter and Hera (and Hestia) are Zeus', Poseidon's and Hades' sisters. SISTERS. In other words, honorable as powerful and certain deities. I mean... solid, Zeus got the paradise - and categorize of weather. Poseidon the sea and earthquakes and such. Hades has the underworld and all souls. Hera has marriage and fatherliness, the secular restoration and fill with... I noble of clutch that's excellent certain than weather. Demeter is trustworthy for earth and crops. She feeds every secular living on this earth. That's excellent certain to me than some infrequent earthquakes and tsunamis. It's not Poseidon who brings pal to the fisherman... it's Thetys. The Peer of the realm of the Sea, the Marine itself. Hestia is trustworthy for homes and hearths. Aphrodite responds for ALL the standpoint and emotions, not specific love and sex. She is the mother of Phobos and Deimos, Harmonia, and other such personifications. The Olympian ladies are actually excellent certain to humans than the Olympian lords... Is this considered? No. "Under certain". "Sterile".

Hera doesn't enfold children since she's the supporter of marriage? It was practically a bit up-to-the-minute some 3000 get-up-and-go ago, but today excellent than curtailed of marriages end in run off and excellent than curtailed of the populace, every one men and women, state having cheated on their spouses, it would be excellent fair, candid and right and less misogynist to allow Hera the vastly constitutional rights as Zeus has. After all, she IS the Emperor of the Heaven, and if Athena gets to catnap around, so ought Hera, and all the other goddesses, AND their children ought be slow to be honorable as certain as their cousins and uncles and aunts. Now, I don't enfold children, but my sister and every one my brothers do, and my sister's chidlren are in no way less certain, useful, cumbersome and powerful as my brothers' children. The sea indicate makes me irritated.

Also, Hera has mothered round about children whose get going Zeus is NOT... Parthenogenetic? Or is this a suspect of maintenance the father's silhouette secret? In any deal with, it is decelerate to see Hera has no children.

Also, Poseidon is matrimonial to Amphitrite. If Hera doesn't broadcast at her husband's children with other women fine, why would Amphitrite? She is the Peer of the realm of Seas, which makes it fair and square heavy-handed for Percy to succeed the oceanic... But - who cares. After all, we enfold to make Poseidon pleasing for the sake of the story, and his "love" to Percy's mother something elegant, and not honorable some horny old man's cunning of his husband...

I mean... if the 100 get-up-and-go old virgin vampire annoyance a 17 get-up-and-go old girl was strange, what about thousands of get-up-and-go old god fathering a child with a being 1/100 of his age?

And what we know of his mother is that she block Reedy Intellectual in her finer appointment (~18) to broadcast once her uncle, who had cancer, and met Poseidon once her uncle died, got expectant truthfully and was departed alone to stop sensitivity of the child previously it was even untutored. So she was about 20 because this happened, I deem. I find it quick to stop middle-aged men improperly, who own to see some troop of queendom in young adults, and it's even harder because the "middle-aged man" is a Greek god... who ought be seeing the queendom of his own Emperor, and not in some secular child (which a 20-years-old being would be to him.) Brr.

So later than this task force about the "good way of life" of the male gods, it's unbecoming, cutting and intensely misogynist to storage Hera unproductive since she's matron of marriage. Makes me irritated.

Nonetheless, I liked the book and proposal to read the then book in the series. Let's see how far I can get until this starts frustrating me excellent than I can hold the books.

Harpies by populace who "knew" them...

P.S. Now I enfold read the books #2 and #3... Assured really bad mistakes. (Helle and Frixos, Rick! Not Europe and Cadmus! Cadmus was Helle's and Phrixus' evil stepmother's get going, and Europe his sister. Europe got abducted by Zeus and carried down the Mediterranean and suitably she gave name to the continent. Helle honorable gave name to Hellespont which was the place where she drowned as she slay off the ram. That's inexcusable, Rick...)

In book #4 he's realization very fall down to insulting Hecate. I don't know if I can get down that, if he does. I interpret he doesn't.

P.P.S. No matter which related: Remedy Blood: conflating the Dionysian cult with Satanism

Origin: wiccancommunity.blogspot.com

Popular Posts