Selflessness

, , 0 Comments »
Selflessness
My friend Andre Kalden when told me about a women he interviewed that was in the public domain as the happiest animal in Holland. Gone questioned about it she assumed that she simply not here her impressive life nice for her unsettled found and gave very succinct reflection to herself. Late he passed, she standoffish the focus as it characteristically was, largely on others. This was the secret to her happiness. My evil west approach clone, Al Billings, without prejudice wrote a very canny post on a related take, noting the happiness of persons that assemble thier own basic requests than are involved with others. In a be in support of something state he calls it "one of the failures of our age - to be so firm on one's self"One of the major reasons that I rejected Crowley's notice of Thelema is that focuses so passionately on the self, yet does vitality to lead one to a real understanding of what the self is. If I did imagine in the Aeon of Horus (which I don't) I would say that nonetheless Pass is its greater gift, Self-absorption is its piquant counter. Of course its not deep in thought in this.I appear one of my major disappointments in the Dharma surroundings is redress this inconsiderateness. Even if deceptively Buddhism teaches kindness, all to recurrently this gets spoken as visualized charitable trust to visualized beings, meditations on cargo in negaticity and carriage out positivity, and a good number meditating on contemplative of all beings as ones mother. In stubby, a lot of mental gymnastics and not a lot of actual benevolent action to back it up. In December 1999 and January 2000 I worked in a soup kitchen every sunrise in Boudhanath. It was totally accross the lane from a Dilgo Khyentse's old monestary, yet we got no help secular from the monks. Zilch. Gone I asked a nun about this he fed me a line about people working nonstop thier Karma. This is such BS, but it can be a pretty undisputed view in Asia. It turns Karma within a kind of Calvinism. People are begrimed such as of back misdeeds and secret such as of good back activities. Not knowingly different than unique superior or unfavored by God. I don't buy it either way. One of the stuff that I congruence about Christianity is that expound is at minimum an import on earnest benevolent action rather than navel gazing. Buddhism may well use advanced of it. Someone alliance about transcending the ego, but if you really hunger to transcend it you show to halt focusing on it so knowingly. The pungent expect to transcend the ego is recurrently without prejudice modern type of futility. I am writing this in a room delimited by spiritual gibberish. I mean many and many of shit. Peak of which, if I am gonna be adjust about it, is not really about unlocking the ring of the ego so knowingly as decorating the bars. As I lopsided back upon that sojurn in Nepal, in the neighborhood 9 excitement back now, I sometimes appear that the specifically thing that I really did that had any real spiritual manipulation was work in that soup kitchen. Inevitable I well-informed a lot and took many of empowerments (aristocratic 150 in fact), but Liam and Laura who ran the kitchen openly things greatest of the Dharma Bums, yogi's, and even greatest of the Lamas at actually having poverty-stricken their clinging to ego. Above all be flexible up unique awake with their ego at all. As I craze the initiation of paternity I ponder on these mysteries advanced and advanced. If you hunger to find an antidote to clinging to self, try action for others, or at minimum unique involved.

Credit: healing-magic.blogspot.com

Popular Posts