Be Glad Jesus Is Not His All Smiting Daddy

, , 0 Comments »
Be Glad Jesus Is Not His All Smiting Daddy
I don't know if it's the summer heat or perhaps an airborne strain of shit-for-brains, but it seems that, lately, all kinds of stinky notions have oozed out of the minds of people I've known nearly all my life. First I'm Rotting in Pride, and now my heart is dark and unforgiving. Let me explain; a person who used to be one of my best friends, until her life choices sent us in opposite ways, has recently found Jesus-yes, poor Jesus is always getting lost.

The person in question contacted me through Facebook to give me the good news-she had been born again. I was quite excited for her. I felt that any belief system that took her focus away from the destructive behaviors she had been favoring when I last saw her, ten or eleven years ago, was a great blessing. But she didn't message me to tell me how happy she was with her new life; she wanted to lecture me about forgiveness.

According to her, I couldn't forgive certain someone's actions because my "heart is dark and being consumed by the ills of Witchcraft."

"Actually, I forgave her a long time ago. You don't see me beating her senseless, do you?" I said. "I refuse to let her back into my life because I don't enjoy being lied to, stolen from, or simply being made to look like a fool."

"If you knew the word," said the Jesus finder, "If you had the lord in your heart, you would see that forgetting past wrongs and forgiving the wrongdoers makes you a better person. It erases evils and reserves you a place in heaven."

"I know many words, dear," I was getting annoyed, "And most of them say that there are too many great people who will better my life and enrich my mind without backstabbing me in the process, so there is no use in wasting my time with worthless individuals who drive me insane."

"You don't know what you're saying. That is Satan talking through your lips," she said.

My Wicked Luvs, the only thing that enrages me more than someone suggesting that they know my mind better than I do, is when "that someone" is a hypocrite. So yes, I let her have it. "Listen, I thought it would be nice talking to you after all these years. In fact, I was so excited when I read your message on Facebook that I have contacted some of our old friends just to reminisce. Remember that guy who used to play handball with us?" I said, acting as if I was just making conversation. "I would have never thought that he would become a preacher."

She didn't speak for a while, then she said, "Magaly, everybody makes mistakes, but I'm Christian now. I will try to do good even if I don't have answers for my own complications."

"Why don't we leave the creepy cryptic talk to TV spies, my dear?" Yes, I was mad. "Sleeping with your preacher, a man who happens to be married to a friend of yours and who has fathered enough kids to populate a small country, is not a "complication"; It's immoral, nasty, and the last time I checked, it was also criminal. I'm a Witch; I say live and let live, particularly when I don't have the whole story. However, when you try to use the teachings of a guy who told his followers to 'treat their neighbors like they wanted to be treated,' and you turn around and bed "your neighbor's" husband, then I get pissed at you."

"You don't know the details," the Jesus finder said in a small voice. "His wife is horrible to him. He's going to leave her to be with me."

I almost felt sorry for her, but not enough to hold my tongue. "If you think that justifies the lying and the sneaking around, more power to you. Jesus is very a forgiving guy. I guess you should be glad that he isn't his all-smiting daddy, if he was, then you would be a blazing pillar of salt sizzling in hellish fire."

I'm not sure if she heard the last words because she hung up on me. She unfriend me on Facebook and stopped following Pagan Culture, too. What a loss, huh?

Some people's interpretation of "the word" makes no freaking sense... Can you understand them, my Luvs? If you do, explain it to me...I need to cleanse my friend list! I wonder how one does that...

Anyhoo, I better get some writing done. I'm excited about the next installment of The Haunting.I will try to make the chapters to come a lot shorter.I think my 4,000-word long Sex Witch, deterred a few online readers.

Oh, I found this picture while reading about religious people who are "an embarrassment to humanity" and a disgrace to their own deity. I've bookmarked the blog and will probably read it often. If you have a chance, take a look-see, The Omnipotent Poobah is brilliant and hilarious.

Borrowed from The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks!...and the wolf huffed and he puffed and he bought a bulldozer to knock the house down.

Share



Origin: spellscasting.blogspot.com

Popular Posts