Apparently There Are Non Jewish Girls Out There Who Are Only Looking To Date Slash Marry Jewish Guys

, , 0 Comments »
Here's a little Passover post.

Before delving into this topic based on things I have heard from several other people, not things I have made up in my own mind, let me make a million disclaimers.

* I do not necessarily believe this information to be true. The idea that there are non-Jewish girls who are only interested in dating Jewish guys is something I have heard from several people who shall remain nameless.

* There is no judgment or tone in my delivery of this information. It is not, "apparently there are idiot girls out there who want a dumb thing for reasons I can't understand," or, "can you believe this is the case?!" I am merely picking up information that I have heard and putting it down on this blog.
* If you asked me prior to my hearing this information if I thought there was any difference in dating men of different religions I would have said, "Not unless they're a Johovah or a Mormon." If you then said, "What about a Scientologist?" I would have said, "That's not a religion. Trust me. I live in L.A. now."

In short - kindly try to keep your panties un-bunched as I question and explore this very real topic of the modern dating world.

Now - from the top -


Apparently there are non-Jewish girls out there who are only interested in dating/marrying Jewish guys. Who are these girls and why do they feel this way?

My research confirms that these are women looking to settle down and start a stable relationship that will turn into a stable family. They come in all shapes and sizes, but what makes them similar as a set is the desire to be in a serious, committed relationship with someone they feel is husband material. I would argue that 95% of women in their mid to late 20s are in that boat, but we'll put that aside. It is worth noting that the sample set is exclusively based on women in NY and LA.

So this portion of that set of women have evaluated the marketplace and determined that Jewish men are the men best fit to meet their desires. Why do they feel this way?

This is the part where I punt it and ask and number of questions instead of making dangerous guesses.

Is it because they think that a greater percentage of Jewish men have stable jobs? Is it because they think Jewish men are kinder to women? Or because men raised in the Jewish faith are more focused on having a family? Is it that these women want to be Jewish themselves? To convert to the faith because they think it's a better fit for their spirituality and want to raise children in the religion? Could it be because JDate is among the most successful online dating sites and these girls figure that means Jewish men are superior quality men? Did these girls do some sort of research and find out that fewer Jewish marriages end in divorce?

And now - for all the stuff that's really going to get me in trouble - do these girls think Jewish guys are richer? More chivalrous? Kinder? Smarter? Funnier?

I'll stop there...

But as a Catholic girl raised by a Catholic mother and Jewish father currently dating a Jewish man I must say the topic fascinates me.

So if you or someone you know can speak to the issue please do so in comments. And if you do so in comments please remember that there are mature and sensitive ways to speak about this topic that will not end in a massive comment war :)

Source: lilith-dark-moon.blogspot.com

Popular Posts